Welcome to Golf Guide
Dogfight Golf Rules The Golf Guide Article
For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
A golf rules seminar can provide valuable educationfrom:
If you are new to the game of golf, or if you are an experienced golfer that has never paid much attention to the official rules of the game, a golf rules seminar may be right for you. At a golf rules seminar, you can learn a wide variety important rules and regulations to get yourself ready from some serious, competitive golf, or just remind you of what to keep your eye out for during your next tournament or round with your friends. You may have a handy rule book, but reading through lengthy rules and regulations cab be a confusing and difficult way to learn. A golf rules seminar, with demonstrations, visuals, and speakers, can help you pick up the rules of golf quickly, thoroughly, and in a fun atmosphere. Look for a golf rules seminar taught by a professional in order to get the most out of your time.
Many golf rules seminars are geared towards individuals hoping to become a golf coach, tournament official, or golf course worker. These seminars will equip you with extensive golf rules knowledge, enabling you to be a great coach that is able to guide your players with confidence. Coaches or those involved with tournaments may often encounter a rules question, and a golf rules seminar can get you ready to handle these situations.
Here is a brief example of some topics that may be covered at a golf rules seminar and that you may have the opportunity to sharpen your knowledge in:
• Rules that govern conduct on the tee box and the putting green.
• Rules relating to course conduct, such as respect for fellow players.
• Course management rules, including when to repair ball marks.
• What to do if a ball is hit in a water hazard or out of bounds.
• What rules apply to a ball that is being hit out of a sand trap.
• Rules that dictate how many clubs you are allowed to carry in your golf bag, and what type of clubs.
• Other types of equipment that are permissible, including golf balls and golf aids.
• What to do if a ball is deemed unplayable or has come to rest in an unplayable lie.
• What happens when dangerous weather conditions arise.
• Rules that determine how tournament play should proceed.
• The details of rules for different types of play, including match play, stroke play, scrambles, and others.
• How to treat areas of the course that are under maintenance.
• How to determine the order of play on each hole or on the putting green.
• What the procedure is to follow if a ball has been lost.
Dogfight Golf Rules The Golf Guide News
14 super-successful people share some of their biggest pet peeves - Stockton Record
14 super-successful people share some of their biggest pet peeves
Mark Cuban. Everyone has things that make them tick, and top leaders are no exception. (You can't stand people who loudly chew gum? You're in good company — neither can Oprah.) From half-baked ideas to working around the clock, we've collected the ...
The pet peeves of the rich and famous - from Oprah Winfrey to Jeff Bezos - Stuff.co.nz
The pet peeves of the rich and famous - from Oprah Winfrey to Jeff Bezos
Thus, his famous 'Two Pizza Rule' -- the policy that no team should be too large to be happily fed with two large pizzas. By keeping groups small ... The late innovator and Apple CEO didn't just dislike Android -- he really, really hated it, according ...
Carrying on at the Lincoln - SaukValley.com
Carrying on at the Lincoln
“There were about 25 guys trying to qualify, some really good golfers, and it was a dogfight year after year,” Bill said. “Most of them were your friends, and you're out there battling with them.” Bill played in college at Illinois State University ...
Two new books tackle the running of the bulls - Bend Bulletin
Two new books tackle the running of the bulls
He gained a measure of notoriety last year when, shortly after contributing to a guide on how to survive the run, he was gored through the thigh by a 1,300-pound bull (he recovered and vowed to return to the cobblestones). The book is crammed with two ...
Hemler has date with historic Pebble Beach - The Port Arthur News
Hemler has date with historic Pebble Beach
The Port Arthur News
Shortly after returning from her most memorable golf experience — playing in the First Tee's inaugural National Par 3 Championship in Richmond, Va., — the PN-G sophomore-to-be learned she's been accepted as one of 81 junior players in the Nature ...