Welcome to Golf Guide
Dogfight Golf Rules The Golf Guide Article
For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Golf rules, etiquette go hand in handfrom:
When it comes to golf rules, etiquette is one of the most important concepts to master before you stop out onto the course. Official rules about stroke play are easy to pick up, but golf rules etiquette are often unspoken and harder for beginner golfers to get a grasp on. Learning golf rules etiquette will help you get along with your fellow players and become an experienced golfer.
The following tips will help you get started on understanding golf rules etiquette and enjoying your time out on the course:
• Try to never hold up other golfers. Causing undue delay on the golf course is one of the most important golf rules etiquette to not violate.
• If a group of golfers is playing behind you at a faster pace, it is proper golf rules etiquette to let the group play through.
• If a single golfer is playing behind you and your group is much larger, you should let the player pass and play on ahead since the single player will be able to get around the course much faster than your group.
• You should try to limit your group of golfers to a maximum of six players. Groups of eight will often be allowed, but it is difficult for such a large group to get around the golf course in a timely manner.
• Clear the green as soon as you are finished putting, and be sure to replace the flagstick.
• Rake any sand trap after you have played out of it. Try to leave the bunker in as good as condition or better than when you entered it.
• Ball marks should always be repaired on the green. It is a standard golf rules etiquette practice to repair your own ball mark as well as one other. This way, greens will stay in good shape.
• In the fairway and on the tee box you should try to repair any divots you create. Often there will be a bucket of sand on your golf cart or beside the tee box. Use this to fill in your divot so that the grass can regrow. If no sand is available, at least try to pat down the area or replace the divot.
• Always start your round of golf on the first tee and at your assigned starting time. Never jump ahead of another group of golfers.
• Wait until the hole is completely clear before you hit your shot. Also, make sure it is your turn to hit before you begin your shot routine. If you are the farthest away from the hole, it is your turn to hit or putt.
Dogfight Golf Rules The Golf Guide News
Watch An iPad Land An Airplane [Exclusive] - Popular Science
Watch An iPad Land An Airplane [Exclusive]
It worked. “In practice, pilots would use this app to guide them down to just before the threshold of the runway,” Meyer says. ... Developing the system for iPad, however, circumvents those rules. Meyer's ... Such technology might have prevented many ...
The Best Video Games of 2014 - The New Yorker
The New Yorker
The Best Video Games of 2014
The New Yorker
Threes! is not a game of addition, however—the tiles could display any symbol and its rules would still work. Rather, it creates a ... Here, among the forsaken dunes, you must guide a golf ball into an endless procession of holes, using a drag-and ...
Scheuring Speed Sports and Planet X - Hometown Focus
Scheuring Speed Sports and Planet X
Planet X followed in 2003 and has gotten bigger in the last five years, having found a niche in small town Aurora in between golf season and ski season. Some years, Scheuring .... As to business principles, Scheuring said, he just follows the simple ...
BankBag: Thanksgiving Part-Three - BuckeyeSports.com (subscription)
BankBag: Thanksgiving Part-Three
BG: It sounds good in theory, but Ohio State has been in dogfights recently against Michigan State, Minnesota and Indiana. Let me know which series you want Joey Bosa benched for Tyquan Lewis, ok? When do you sit Michael Bennett for Chris Carter?
Devils lose leads and match - Palladium-Item
Devils lose leads and match
It's going to be a dogfight out there.'" Bulmahn was right. Mt. Vernon steadily chipped away at the Game 1 deficit, eventually tying it 21-21 after scoring eight of nine points. From there it was a race to the two-point advantage, with ties at 21-all ...